Acuigen were delighted that our directors Derek Jones and Tracy Bartlett were invited by the Department for International Trade (DIT) to attend their Summer Reception last night, held at Lancaster House in London.
Acuigen were chosen by the DIT in February 2019 to become one of the East of England Export Champions, recognising the company’s success in serving international business.
The event was held at the historic Lancaster House, part of St. James’s Palace, which is situated close to Buckingham Palace. The central London setting was extremely fitting to celebrate the success of British business.
At the event, the Secretary of State for International Trade and President of the Board of Trade, Liam Fox, MP, thanked the attendees and export champions for their contribution to the British economy, and the innovation they share with their customers around the world.
Derek Jones, CEO commented: “Being part of the export champion community has enabled us to meet some amazing fellow British businesses, trading around the world. Last night’s event highlighted the importance of collaboration and trade, and the positive impact that this can have on the world’s economies, and also reducing poverty around the world. We are very proud of the technology we provide to our clients, who too are working in an international environment.”
We're proud to be part of the export community putting the East of England on the map, join us! great.gov.uk
Notes to the editor: Acuigen provide client feedback solutions to professional services firms around the world, offering near real-time client feedback. Our CustomServe tech allows firms to collect and analyse client feedback to make informed decisions in a highly competitive marketplace.
Facts and figures from DIT (effective June 2019):
- Total UK Exports in 2018 were £634.1 billion, up 2.7% on previous year, of this 45.6% (£288.9 bn) to EU and 54.4% (£345.1 bn) to non-EU
- £351.7 bn (55.3%) trade in goods and £283.4 bn (44.7%) trade in services
- The UK has a trade surplus in services of £107.1 bn and the UK is 2nd in the world in global ranking for Services Exports
- Telecoms, computer and information is the 5th largest service export category valued at £20.8 bn, accounting for 7.3% of all service exports, and it was the 2nd fastest growing service exports category between 2017 and 2018 (growth of 4.4%).
- The USA is our top trading partner, accounts for 18.6% of all UK exports (£118.2 bn), and also our top destination for services exports valued at £63.2 bn (23.3% of all service exports)
For further information please contact:
Imogen Thomas - Marketing Executive
t: 01234 759800
27th June 2019